Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Saving Babycenter

It may be a forgone conclusion, but at least we can try. We've been given platitudes, we've been patted on the head and told how "it will be a good thing". We have been given answers that are not answers and then are ignored. They have talked themsleves in circles and all for "our own good". Now it is our turn. They either are not listening or just think we will follow like good little moms and dads. But I have seen the power we can be as a community now is the time to use that power to save ourselves.

For those who like to write here are a few address's to get you started:


William C. Weldon, Chairman & CEO

Johnson & Johnson

1 Johnson & Johnson Plaza
New Brunswick, NJ 08933
United States

AND

Tina Sharkey, Chairman

Becky Scott, VP Administration & Finance

Ann Crady, Senior Vice President of Consumer Experience

BabyCenter

163 Freelon St.
San Francisco, CA 94107
United States


Also a post on BBC from Ann Crady, creator of mayasmom, the site the new and "improved" BBC is based on. As you can see from above she has a nice new shiny door plate at Babycenter:
http://boards.babycenter.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=bcus1313042&tid=581


And if all else fails we need to really get them to listen. They can ignore emails, letters and posts, but they can not ignore real action. I am proposing a BBC "strike" if they continue not to listen or give us any real answers. 24-48hrs of no one posting, clicking or going to BBC at all, that means lost revenue to them. Sometime a threat to the pocketbook is the only way to get someone to listen.

Here is a link to a blinkie you are all free to use!
http://i27.tinypic.com/73mi6p.gif

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. I will pass it on!!! ITA that something needs to be done.

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking a boycot may be "heard" ... if no one goes to the site (I think a ton have left already) then maybe they will listen?

I wish the people on the "beta" or "alpha" site would boycot - it sounds like it will be months before boards will have the opportunity to reconnect and it sounds like ton have fractured already.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. Yeah, I think the biggest issues would be getting people on the new site to boycott. They seems to be comfortable over there...no matter what they're saying. Otherwise, wouldn't they be back already? I know my birth board is dead.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

We so admire your passion for our community. We hope we can win you back! But we also 100% respect your right to "vote with your feet" and choose to boycott BabyCenter's site.

Anonymous said...

I agree, a boycott of the testing site needs to be done. I don't think they care about the "older" site. Which is a shame. It's also a tad strange that a mod can make it over here to leave a comment on here but can't answer our questions as promptly on bbc.

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! I agree!

Anonymous said...

Rebeecca, I am rolling my eyes at you. You know how to win back those who are so offended, but you obviously don't really care to win anyone back because if you did, you would be answering questions that were asked question by question and not giving us vaguisms instead of answers.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I don't know how effective it will be, but I have an invite and can stay away from the new site. I wonder what would happen if I post your blog link over there? Want me to try that?

Dorothy

Anonymous said...

invites have been disabled.

one_voice said...

Anyone may link to this blog from wherever you wish! I have someone creating more blinkies that I will post tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I see Rebecca is on pseudo-damage control. I used to admire her in her way of dealing with the Dealing With the Inlaws board. Now I have no respect for her at all. Grow some balls and answer the damn questions!

Alice

Anonymous said...

Fight the good fight!

I agree w/ someone else that said the old BBC should be kept up & running & the new could be used for networking. I don't see the new site w/ any info like the old/favorite site does.

Anonymous said...

I would love to use the blinkie but cannot get it to work. Can you repost it? Thanks!

Jen_nifer said...

I think the strike would be the most effective way of demonstrating how many don't want the change.

Anonymous said...

Anyone else see a restraining order in your future?

Anonymous said...

Find something better to do with your time. It's a message board!

Anonymous said...

Wow, just wow.

Do you really think that this is going to do any good??? Its a message board for crap sake. If you don't like it, deal.

Anonymous said...

LOL Are you all for real? WTF is wrong with this world that you're taking on the cause of "saving" a dinosaur of a message board?

Anonymous said...

OMG! Get a life, shut up and find a new board.
LOSERS!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMFG I think you all need to grow up and find something better to do with your time. Pissing and moaning about the new site isnt going to change anything.

Anonymous said...

freaking crybabies